Opportunity to join SciNote!
Product Marketing Specialist (Remote position, North America or Europe)
SciNote LLC is looking for a Product Marketing Specialist to join an international team of scientists, software developers and creative thinkers. This is a remote working position.
If you are a science and tech enthusiast, who loves to write and communicate, read on!
As a Product Marketing Specialist at SciNote, you will enter the world of science and the software solutions that support the greatest labs in the world today. Our software is being used in leading government, industry, startup and academic institutions.
- This marketing position will fit you if you are passionate about science and technology, and want to use your communication and writing skills to help the scientists find software solutions they need. You will bridge the gap between product management and marketing communications.
- Your work will include deep product understanding, close collaboration with product management, customer success, sales and marketing, to find best ways to engage the audience, generate leads and educate them about the product.
- While following the established best practices of the SciNote team, you will also be strongly encouraged to bring your own ideas to the table, and suggest new ways to address the needs of the market.
We are looking forward to meeting you, learning more about your current skills and experience and hearing more about your science and tech enthusiasm.
We are a mid-sized, leading SaaS (software as a service) company, operating in the laboratory digitalization field.
What does this mean?
We help scientists across the globe manage all their research data. Our main product is SciNote Electronic Lab Notebook that serves as a laboratory journal, project management platform, team collaboration platform and adds quite a few more great functionalities on top of that. Basically, it helps scientists to stay organized, never lose their research data and make sure everything they do is traceable, searchable, ready to build upon and pave the way towards new discoveries.
What is the SciNote team like?
Our team is a group of passionate, innovative, and hard-working individuals, connected by common values and purpose to help the world benefit the most from science and research. In challenging times such as the COVID-19 pandemic, we are proud to be a part of the solution, and work with leading labs in the industry.
We are a closely connected team of people, an international family of tech-savvy individuals who can trust and rely on each other. We value new ideas, trustworthiness, talent, enthusiasm, and prioritize inclusivity, equality, and diversity.
Joining the SciNote marketing team
You will be joining the small, fast-paced, and productive team of marketing enthusiasts. We are a highly organized team, who combine creativity with analytics to make data-driven decisions.
You will be required to think, explore and bring your ideas to the table. And we will support you along the way!
Product Marketing Specialist – Key Responsibilities:
- Product content writing – articles for the company blog, website content, and PDF guides in collaboration with product management, sales and marketing, to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Video content writing and proofreading – video scripts for product videos, tutorial videos, and similar.
- Website content – identify the need on the market and among the clients to create new engaging product related content for the company website
- Webinar organization – identifying the needed content for live webinars based on customer demand, and the interests of the target market, and putting together the engaging webinar agenda
- Market intelligence and trends — understanding the SaaS / life science /pharma / biotech industry buyers, who they are, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Competitor analysis – understanding the main competitors, their marketing communication, products, positioning, and activity
- User-generated content – managing case studies, reviews and testimonials, and their use on the website.
- Communicating the software updates and releases – writing blog posts to inform the users about new releases, help create videos, notify the users, existing audience and wider target segments on the market.
- Close collaboration with product management, marketing and sales – identifying the opportunities to bring more traffic to the company website, engage them, and drive conversions
- 3 years of product marketing experience, content marketing experience, sales or customer success experience in the technology / science / SaaS field
- Native/proficient english speaker with exceptional writing and communication skills
- Experience in creating digital content, such as: websites, emails, blog articles, online documents, product videos
- understanding of latest trends, requirements and metrics
- Experience in creating email campaigns and monitoring the associated success metrics
- Solid understanding of user experience and customer support
- Familiarity with SEO metrics
- Familiarity with marketing automation and website creation tools such as WordPress, and Google Analytics.
- Power user of networking tools, primarily LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube.
- Comfortable with reporting, analytics and tracking, able to report and prove what is –or isn’t—working.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties.
- Highly reliable and responsible, able to deliver results
- able to stay productive when working remotely to meet all required project deadlines
- Project management experience (beneficial)
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack, HubSpot and/or Salesforce (beneficial)
- Scientific /tech background (beneficial)
Sounds like a good fit for you? Here’s how to apply:
Send us your CV accompanied by a cover letter to with the job position you are applying for in the subject line.
Finding the right team members is highly important to us, therefore we will review each inquiry with diligence and care.