Opportunity to join SciNote!
Are you passionate about business, but want to use your excellent communication skills for a good cause?
Great – then we might have a job for you!
SciNote LLC with offices in Ljubljana, Slovenia is looking for a new Product manager to join an international team of scientists, software developers and creative thinkers.
You will be joining an established Product management team, dedicated to continuous improvements of SciNote. Essentially you will be involved in combining our customers’ needs with the product vision into our product backlog and delivering it to the market. Your closest coworkers will be product managers and UX/UI designers.
SciNote Product management team is collaborating tightly with other SciNote teams involved with our customers and users, such as customer success, sales and marketing teams. In addition, you will be collaborating with development and quality control teams, primarily responsible to deliver the product backlog to the market. For this you will need a good understanding of SciNote and be able to understand users’ needs.
You will significantly contribute to the future look & feel of SciNote and its functionalities, thereby helping research and scientific teams in industry, government, and academic institutions throughout the globe.
We are a leading SaaS (software as a service) company, operating in the laboratory digitalization field.
Our product SciNote ELN is a digital tool for managing scientific and industrial research, which helps laboratories around the world become more organized and efficient in their everyday operations. Our primary customer segment is life technologies, however we do have customers from other fields of work as well, as our product is quite general in nature.
SciNote saves researchers time & money, helps them manage their knowledge, contributes to greater scientific and research output, and digitizes the research process. Our top-rated solution is used by academic, industry and governmental research organizations all around the world.
Our team is a group of passionate, innovative, and hard-working individuals, connected by common values and purpose to help the world benefit the most from science and research. In challenging times such as the COVID-19 pandemic, we are proud to be part of the solution through which science can work together and help the world overcome these turbulent times.
Your experience and skills
As we are primarily serving customers in life sciences area, it is very important that you are able to understand customer’s needs. Therefore, work experience, hands-on experience or education in life sciences or other natural sciences is essential.
- University degree in life sciences or natural sciences
- 3 years of work experiences either in life sciences or other natural sciences research, or in product/solution management from those two fields
- Hands-on experience with product or project or solution management
- Passion and care for technology, software, processes, and improving user experience
- Capacity and interest in mastering the use of a software product (SciNote)
- Excellent communication & listening skills, with complete fluency in English
- Ability to collaborate in interdisciplinary teams that include creative and technical backgrounds
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Determined and self-driven personality
- Passion for continuous learning and growth
- Efficiency, good time management and prioritization
- Capacity to analyze (users’) needs and challenges and ability to propose solutions
- Work experience as a product owner or product manager of a SaaS product
- Hands-on experience with managing product life cycle
- Work experience with Agile approaches such as SCRUM
- Hands-on experience in a life science laboratory
Your key tasks & responsibilities
You will be working with other product managers and UX/UI designers in the Product management team.
- Define and maintain a product roadmap together with VP of Product management
- Manage and prioritize the product backlog
- Ensure optimal user experience together with UX/UI designers
- Focus on increasing user adoption
- Organize and analyze collected user feedback and transform it into improvements for product backlog
- Use analytics to get insights for product improvements
- Close collaboration with software development, customer success team, sales team and quality control team
- Communicating product benefits and roadmap progress internally and externally
- Understanding and researching user and business needs
- Creating and maintaining requirements and specifications documentation
- Occasionally support customer success and sales teams with complex sales and support use cases
- Help inform and train other teams with product improvements
- Collaborate with external partners such as technology partners, integrators
- Maintain and improve product-management related quality assurance processes
- Be updated with industry trends and directions
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work in one of the most promising industries that is rapidly growing
- A permanent, full-time job position located in Ljubljana, Slovenia; in case of an excellent fit, we can explore remote options
- Salary and compensations: in addition to a fixed salary, each employee receives a flexible bonus and an annual summer-holiday-bonus
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule and work-from-home (even when there isn’t a pandemic)
- Occasional opportunities to travel internationally
- Great company culture, with a young, passionate, and diverse team
- Continuous mentorship, education, and growth – our company encourages innovation and employee involvement on all levels
- Opportunities for promotion and career-building
- After work curriculum that includes company trips, travelogues, yoga classes, game nights, and relaxing socializing at the local bars and cafes.
Sounds like a good fit for you? Here’s how to apply:
Send us your CV accompanied by a cover letter to with the job position you are applying for in the subject line.
Finding the right team members is highly important to us, therefore we will review each inquiry with diligence and care.