”Perfect for senior executives, lab managers, senior scientists, principal investigators, professors and PhDs working in the field of biotechnology, pharma, chemistry, healthcare, life science, Digital Transformation of the Laboratory: A Practical Guide to the Connected Lab will also earn a place in the libraries of laboratory heads and auditing departments seeking to find efficiencies, cut costs, and maximize productivity in their own labs.” – Wiley Inc.
Digital Transformation of the Laboratory: A Practical Guide to the Connected Lab delivers essential and transformative new insights into current and future technologies and strategies for the digitization of laboratories. Thoroughly supported and backed-up with contributions from thought and industry leaders, the book shows scientists in academia and industry how to move from paper to digital in their own labs.
By Klemen Zupancic (Editor), Tea Pavlek (Editor), Jana Erjavec (Editor)
Publication date: May 2021
This book is a result of collaboration between different authors: researchers, business owners, consultants, managers and professors who wrote about their vast experience and provided valuable perspective on the subject of digital transformation.
- A thorough introduction to the evolution of the modern laboratory, including new available technologies and the new science being conducted with it.
- An exploration of crucial terms you’ll need to understand in order to chart your path into the future of the laboratory.
- Examinations of practical issues you’ll need to master in order to define your lab’s digitalization strategy.
- Numerous case studies and expert commentary on the subject of moving from paper to.
Table of contents:
- The Next Big Developments – The Lab of the Future
- Crucial Software-related Terms to Understand
- Introduction to Laboratory Software Solutions and Differences Between Them
- Data Safety and Cybersecurity
- FAIR Principles and Why They Matter
- The Art of Writing and Sharing Methods in the Digital Environment
- How to Approach the Digital Transformation
- Understanding Standards, Regulations, and Guidelines
- Interoperability Standards
- Addressing the User Adoption Challenge
- Testing the Electronic Lab Notebook and Setting Up a Product Trial
- Understanding and Defining the Academic Chemical Laboratory’s Requirements: Approach and Scope of Digitalization Needed
- Guidelines for Chemistry Labs Looking to Go Digital
- Electronic Lab Notebook Implementation in a Diagnostics Company
- Identifying and Overcoming Digitalization Challenges in a Fast-growing Research Laboratory
- Turning Paper Habits into Digital Proficiency
- Going from Paper to Digital: Stepwise Approach by the National Institute of Chemistry
- Wet Lab Goes Virtual: In Silico Tools, ELNs, and Big Data Help Scientists Generate and Analyze Wet-lab Data
- Digital Lab Strategy: Enterprise Approach
- Next Steps – Continuity After Going Digital
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Transforming Laboratories
- Academic’s Perspective on the Vision About the Technology Trends in the Next 5-10 Years
- Looking to the Future: Academic Freedom Versus Innovation in Academic Research Institutions
- Future of Scientific Findings: Communication and Collaboration in the Years to Come
- Entrepreneur’s Perspective on Laboratories in 10 Years
Order the book:
Listen to the webinar: Defining R&D lab’s strategic direction in the years to come
During the webinar book authors address the R&D lab’s strategic directions in the years to come.
The webinar focuses on digital transformation, new data management developments, FAIR and leveraging the value of data.