INFORMATION ON PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING IN ACCORDANCE WITH ARTICLE 14 OF GDPR
Effective date: July 28th, 2023
This document is intended to provide You, the data subject, with the information on processing of Personal Data (as defined herein) in accordance with Article 14 of the General Data Protection Regulation (REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC or “GDPR”).
1. Identity and the contact details of the controller
SCINOTE, LLC (“SciNote”)
3000 Parmenter Street
Middleton, Wisconsin 53562, USA
2. Identity and the contact details controller’s representative within the EU
Železna cesta 18
1000 Ljubljana, SLOVENIA
3. Purposes of the processing and legal basis
The Personal Data is processed for the purpose of contacting You regarding SciNote’s products, services, webinars and other offerings and content, for which SciNote believes could be of interest to You. The Personal Data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests – purpose of direct marketing of SciNote’s products, services, webinars and other offerings and content.
4. Categories of Personal Data
SciNote is processing the following “Personal Data” concerning You:
- e-mail address
- social media profile (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook etc.)
- phone number
- employer information
- other publicly available information or information provided by third-party providers (e.g. ZoomInfo or other directories etc.).
5. Categories of recipients of the Personal Data
SciNote process Personal Data with the help of SciNote’s corporate affiliates, contractors, external service providers and consultants, as well as with the help of some third-party services and tools (jointly referred to as “Recipients”). SciNote will share Personal Data with the following categories of Recipients:
- Recipients that provide services to SciNote, such as sales services, cloud infrastructure providers, data analytics providers, customer support service providers, IT security providers, legal, accounting and other professional service providers, business directories etc.;
- Recipients that are corporate affiliates of SciNote.
When SciNote is complying with a legal obligation the recipients of Personal Data may include supervisory authorities, inspectors, courts, investigators, etc.
6. Transfer to third countries
SciNote, LLC is established in United States of America, which means your personal data is processed also in the United States of America, for which no adequacy decision by the European Commission was adopted. When SciNote, LLC transfers personal data to a data processor established in a third country, a suitable data processing agreement, which includes standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, is concluded between SciNote, LLC, as the data controller, and the data processor. Standard contractual clauses contain suitable safeguards for processing of Personal Data. Additionally, SciNote, LLC takes appropriate safeguards to ensure that all Personal Data remains protected in accordance with applicable data protection laws, including but not limited to GDPR.
7. Duration of Personal Data processing & retention
SciNote will process the Personal Data as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and/or is processed. SciNote will generally retain Personal Data processed on the basis of legitimate interest for a reasonable period of time based on the particular legitimate interest, taking into account Your interests as well as Your rights and freedoms.
SciNote reserves the right to retain Personal Data beyond the typical retention period in cases where SciNote faces threats of legal claims. In such cases the retention period will last until the claim or threat of claim has been resolved.
8. Your rights
If You are from EEA or UK or GDPR applies on other basis or You are afforded similar rights by other laws and regulations, You have the following rights with regard to SciNote’s processing of Personal Data (subject to certain limitations provided by law):
- Right of Access (Article 15 of GDPR);
- Right to Rectification (Article 16 of GDPR);
- Right to Erasure (Article 17 of GDPR);
- Right to Restriction of Processing (Article 18 of GDPR);
- Right to Data Portability (Article 20 of GDPR), if applicable;
- Right to Withdraw Consent (Article 7 of GDPR) at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- Right to Lodge a Complaint with a Supervisory Authority (Article 77 of GDPR).
In addition to the foregoing, SciNote does not sell or intends to sell Your Personal Data to any third Party.
When exercising Your rights, You shall be free from discrimination.
9. Sources of Personal Data
Personal Data originates from publicly accessible sources (e.g. public websites, including websites of Your employer, public social media profiles, official public registers, etc.) and from third-party providers (e.g. ZoomInfo or other directories etc.).
10. Automated decision-making and profiling
SciNote does not use automated decision-making and profiling when processing Personal Data.